Thursday 7 April 2011

What was the contribution to the process during the planning, production and post production stages? - George Peat

For the planning of the film i wrote the script with Callam, found the location of our film, contributed to the storyboards, writing down of the conventions of a zombie film to use in the film, and writing down the original film outline (this was changed so the time could be met and so the film would be more interesting). I also contributed ideas of what shot types should be used and what the story should be (an example is the ringing credit sequence).



For the production of the film I assmebled a cast, this cast however was not to be used again since they could not make our other shooting days, as a result they were replaced for the final film. I bought make up to make the zombies more realistic as well as some clothes so they could be made more gritty. I also helped apply make up. I also did a portion of the filming notably edits of our first shoot to correct things which had not gone correctly and the portion after the attack scene where one of our lead characters gets attacked.



During post production I helped with the editing of the film with Callam (aswell as the credits) deciding how long certain shots should be and what order they should be shown. Another part of the editing of the film I did was the darkening of the scenes, this made the film have a more distinct image which as a result made it more visually pleasing and inline with the horror genre. I also helped with the editing of the music, making sure that it did not disrupt what was being shown on the screen and so it did not sound messy. I applied the ringing noise during the opening credits which helps create an awkward tension.

No comments:

Post a Comment